We all have privet things. Normally in the PC, we hide our privet files by help of “Folder Option”. Did you note that, sometimes “Folder Option” is missing due to the some virus attacks. Normally they are Trojan horse viruses. Even if you have installed antivirus, viruses can attack your PC. So better remember this method to restore missing “Folder Option”. So you can hide your privet folders from other PC users.
- First of all go to the Start menu-->Run.
- Then type “gpedit” without quotes.
- Now there will be open a new window. In this window, go to User Configuration-->Administration Templates-->Windows Component-->Windows Explorer.
- In the right side of the “Windows Explorer” page, there is a Settings column. Go to there and open “Remove the folder option many item from the Tools menu” by double clicking on it. (It’s the 3rd item in the list)
- Now there will be open a new window. Add a tick in front of the “Not Configured” option. Apply and save your settings.
- After saving settings, restart your PC.
You have successfully restored your lost “Folder Option”.
For your knowledge……..
A Trojan horse virus named as “Brontok” is the reason (normally) for this problem. This virus can make some changes of the system restriction. So the “Bontok“ can hide itself. This virus can disable “Folder Option” as well as “Task Manager” also.