Google Adsense is the most trusted and best online earning method for bloggers. As you know, improve Adsense ad’s click through rate (CTR) will really help you to maximum your Adsense revenue. It can be done by publishing only relevant ads on our blog for our loyal readers. There is a great option in Adsens to remove irrelevant ads from your blog.
Google is serving ads based on your blog’s content. Sometimes we have to put irrelevant words for our content. If we mentioned that irrelevant word several times in our blog post, Adsense will get that as a keyword and serve ads for those words. Let’s remove those irrelevant ads from our blog.
- First of all we have to find the URL of irrelevant ad. Please don’t click on those ads. Clicking your own ads is against the AdSense policies. So try following method to find the URLs. There are 3 different ad types in Adsense. Let’s see individually.
- Finding the URL of a text add
This is so simple. All text ads include there’s URLs on itself. Just note them.
- Finding the URL of an image ad or animated gif ad
Right click on the ad--> Copy Link Address" (Chrome) / "Copy Shortcut" (IE)/ "Copy Link Location" (Firefox) --> paste in to a text editor
Now Search “adurl” by pressing CTRL+F. The URL next to “adurl” is the URL of irrelevant ad’s URL.
eg:- http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=l&aidvjvnddvdjvvn_#4_DdvhkaExeA&client=ca-pub-643839893654744256&adurl= http://www. Irrelevant_ad.com/dating/part/girl/listMembers.asp%3getPro%2G3435D%758D&nm=56
- Finding the URL of a flash add
We need Firefox’s Firebug add on for this. Following is the method.
Open Inspect Element (By clicking Inspect Element tool icon which located in left side of Firebug menu bar) --> Right click on the irrelevant ad to highlight the embed html code--> Click Edit tab-->Find “adurl” The URL next to “adurl” is the URL of irrelevant ad’s URL.
eg:- <embed height="250" width="250" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="never" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="clickTAG=http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/bgwk%3urnf%3SA%26nd%qse%35client%3Qvc-pub-643839893654744256%35adurl% http://www.irrelevant_ad.com/dating/part/girl/listMembers.asp%3getPro%2G3435D%758D " wmode="opaque" id="google_flash_embed" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=dewfdkfS-sdkhcflhDDkJK-o ">
- Log in to your adsense account and go to the “Allow & block ads” tab or click here to go there.
- Now go to the “Blocking option”. It is located on sidebar.
- Now chose “Advertiser URLs”.
- There is a text box. Paste unwanted ad url in there.
- Click on the “Block URLs” button.
- Now you are done. That URL will be block within next 30 minutes.
eg:- It is better to block this URL “http://www.irrelevant_ad.com/dating/part/girl/listMembers.asp%3getPro%2G3435D%758D” instead of blocking http://www.irrelevant_ad.com. Because “http://www. Irrelevant_ad.com” is just a website and correct ad URL is “http://www. Irrelevant_ad.com/dating/part/girl/listMembers.asp%3getPro%2G3435D%758D”.